Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Marcia's Broccoli Cheese Casserole

My sister-n-law made the most awesome broccoli cheese casserole ever for Thanksgiving! I texted her today because I just had to get the recipe.  It is SO GOOD!  She sent me the recipe, which was her Grandma's recipe.  I love recipes that have stood the test of time and have some history! 

Marcia's Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Source: Marcia Dotson

Sauté 3/4 cup diced onion and 3/4 cup diced celery in butter.

Then add:
1 pkg frozen broccoli florets
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of  milk
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2-2 1/2 cups cooked rice
15 oz jar of cheese whiz

Bake in oven at 350 until bubbly, heated through, and not too soupy. 

You can also make this the night before, cover with foil and place in the fridge.  the next day bake it for about an hour with the foil on then remove foil and bake about 15 minutes.

No comments: