Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Spinach Salad

Dan's cousin makes a mean Spinach Salad and Dan just can't get enough of it.  Shirley made it at Thanksgiving and he wanted more today so he picked up the ingredients and I made a big salad for him today.

Shirley's Spinach Salad
Source: Shirley Kelm

1 bag spinach
1 bag romaine lettuce
2 Fuji apples - diced
1 6oz pkg dried cranberries
1 cup sunflower seeds
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded

Dressing
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup salad oil
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.  In a small bowl, mix together the dressing then pour over the salad.  Toss to coat well.

No comments: