Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Source: Shirley (my husband's cousin)

2 cups of fresh strawberries
2 granny smith apples
2 kiwi
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp apple jelly
Juice from an orange (I also put the orange pieces in)

Clean and cut all fruit into small (really small) pieces.  Mix brown sugar, apple jelly, and orange juice together.  Pour over fruit and mix.

Cinnamon chips:
10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Brush chips with butter and sprinkle on cinnamon-sugar.  Cut each tortilla in eight wedges.  Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 5-12 minutes or until just crisp.  (my oven took 12 but watch because they are easy to burn.)  Serve with the fruit salsa.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That fruit salsa was delicious!

Angel said...

The fruit salsa is also good on top of cheese cake!