Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Peach Cobbler

For Christmas I received a new cookbook and so far I've tried three recipes.  This recipe is adapted from the Prairie Peach Cobbler recipe in Melissa Gilbert's My Prairie Cookbook.  I didn't have fresh peaches so I had to adapt the recipe for canned peaches.  The results were great and I can't wait to try it with fresh in-season peaches.

Peach Cobbler
Source: adapted from Melissa Gilbert

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
1 large can of peach halves (I cut each into 4 pieces)
1 tbsp. cinnamon (I didn't measure, I just sprinkled some on)

Preheat the oven to 350*

Put the butter in a 9x13 pan. Place in oven and melt the butter.  Remove from oven and swirl all over the pan.

In a medium bowl mix together 1 cup of the sugar and the flour and the milk.  Stir well. (a few lumps is okay) Pour the butter over the top of the melted butter.

Put the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup of the heavy syrup from the can in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.

Spoon the fruit on top of the batter and then slowly pour the liquid from the saucepan on top of that.  Be careful not to mix the fruit into the batter.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake for 35-45 minutes, until bubbling and the top is golden.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. (I recommend Blue Bunny Homemade Vanilla!)

No comments: