Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Punch Bowl Cake

Over the years I've heard Dan rave about his Mom's Punch Bowl Cake that she used to make when he was a kid.  This weekend while we were visiting his parents I asked Lois for her recipe.  She wasn't able to find her recipe card for it but she told me from memory how she made it, she said she hadn't made it in years.  I haven't made it yet but I am pretty sure I'm putting it on the menu for our Easter Dinner.  Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it to.


Punch Bowl Cake

Yellow Cake Mix
Large Box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
Strawberries, sliced
Pineapple Chunks
Kiwi, sliced
Cool Whip
Pecan pieces
Maraschino Cherries

Cook cake according to the box and let cool.
Prepare the instant pudding.
In a punch bowl, layer ingredients as follows:
crumbled cake
pudding
fruit
crumbled cake
pudding
fruit
container of whip cream
pecans
maraschino cherries

Keep refrigerated.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This sounds delicious. I can't wait to make it!

Unknown said...

I am going to make this for my siblings after my brothers funeral. #covidsucks. In honor of Frank Rodgers.