Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Sleepin' In Omelette Casserole

This is one of the first Pioneer Woman recipes I tried...loved...and have made many times over the last few years.  I make it every Christmas morning. 

Please go to PW's blog to see her beautiful pictures, her other recipes, and just enjoy her sense of humor.  I feel like I know her just from reading her blog.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/sleepin-in-omlette/

I'm adding her recipe to my blog because my intention is to gather all the recipes I make routinely here so that I can convert it into a cookbook for my daughter. 

Sleepin' In Omelette Casserole

Source: Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

  • 6 whole Onion Rolls
  • 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
  • 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
  • 1-1/2 stick Butter
  • 10 whole Eggs
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Chopped Chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 dash Cayenne Pepper

Preparation Instructions

Generously butter an 9x13 baking dish.
Tear onion rolls into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then tear cream cheese into small pieces and place over the top. Cut 1 ½ sticks butter into pats and place over the top.
Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, bake at 325 degrees, covered, for 45 minutes. The remove foil and continue baking at 350 for 10-15 minutes. 

 

No comments: