Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cherry Coke Chocolate Cake

For the Dotson Thanksgiving, I made a new recipe from the Tasty Kitchen website. And it was REALLY good!  I have plans to make it again, but this time doubling the amount of cherries to the cake.  Here's the recipe below if you'd like to try it.  Also, when I made the frosting, I added a little cherry juice to add flavor and color to the frosting.   Here is the link to Tasty Kitchen, go on over there and check out their yummy recipes!  http://tastykitchen.com/

Cherry Coke Chocolate Cake

1 jar (10 Oz) Maraschino Cherries, Drained, Reserve 1/4 Cup Juice

1 box (about 18-20 Oz. Box) Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 cup Cherry Coke
½ cups Vegetable Oil
3 whole Eggs
1 container (12 Oz) Whipped Vanilla Frosting
1 cup Marshmallow Creme
24 whole Maraschino Cherries With Stems, Drained Well, For Topping

Chop the jar of cherries, set aside. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, Cherry Coke, oil, eggs and reserved 1/4 cup cherry juice. Stir in chopped cherries. Pour batter into a 9×13 cake pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes. Cool cake completely for about 1 hour. Mix together frosting and marshmallow creme to frost cake. Top cake with whole maraschino cherries.  Or dip cherries with stems in chocolate. Refrigerate cherries to set chocolate before putting them on the cake.




No comments: