Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gorilla Bread

Monday evening Jennifer and Colton came over for a dinner play date.  Jen and I decided to try a new recipe from Paula Deen. 

It was so good, that we didn't get pictures....too busy fighting Dan off from it. LOL

Here's the recipe as we made it....we used the Grands biscuits since that is what I already had and we used pecans instead of walnuts. 

Gorilla Bread
Source: Paula Deen

1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
1 large can of Grands style biscuits (or 2 cans of the 10 count smaller biscuits)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350.

Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Sprinkle 1/2 cup of nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan.

Cut the cream cheese into 20 small squares.

If using the large Grands biscuits, cut each biscuit in half.

In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.

Microwave the stick of butter in a glass bowl until melted and stir in the brown sugar.

Take the biscuits and dip in the sugar mixture, covering both sides.  Place a piece of cream cheese in the middle of each biscuit then wrap and seal.

Place 1/2 the biscuits in the pan.  Then sprinkle on some of the sugar. Then put 1/2 the butter mixture. Then put the remaining biscuits, sugar, butter, and remaining nuts.

Bake for 30 minutes. Let sit about 5 minutes, then place a plate on top and invert.

No comments: