Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Scalloped Potatoes

Scalloped Potatoes

3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, washed and thinly sliced using mandolin
1 stick butter
1 whole yellow onion, diced
3 cups diced ham
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheddar cheese
grated Monterey jack cheese

Spray a large casserole dish with pam cooking spray.  Add 1/3 of the taters.  Add pats of butter on top.  Salt and Pepper the taters.  Add a thin layer of onions and ham and cheese. 

Mix the half-and-half, heavy cream and flour.  Then pour 1/3 over the taters.  Repeat those layers 2 more times.  Bake 350 for about an hour, cover with foil if the top starts to get too brown.

No comments: