Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Cashew Chicken ~ Gluten Free

 

4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
Dip chicken in flour or cornstarch.
In bowl mix:
2 egg beaten
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper
Add chicken to this mixture and let sit for 15 minutes. Then dip chicken in flour or cornstarch, fry in hot oil.
Sauce:
In saucepan bring to boil:
3/4 cup water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Mix
1/4 cup cold water
2 T. cornstarch
add to bouillon water, cook until thick and clear.
Add:
2 T. soy sauce
2 T 7-UP or Sprite
Pour sauce over chicken & rice. Top with cashews and sliced green onions.
NOTES:
*I make my rice in the instant pot (1 cup basmati rice, 1 1/4 c water, 1 stick of butter, splash of soy sauce - cook on HIGH 5 minutes)
*Use corn starch instead of flour to convert the recipe to gluten free
*I buy gluten free soy sauce.

No comments: