Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Pecan Pie Cake

 

Ingredients

  • 1 (15.25-ounce) box Butter Pecan cake mix
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup milk

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
  • Measure out 2/3 cup of cake mix and set aside.
  • Place remaining cake mix in a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup softened butter, light brown sugar, 2 eggs, and water. Use an electric mixer to mix well.
  • Fold in pecans and pour batter into prepared pan.
  • Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
  • About 5 minutes before end of baking time, mix together 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 eggs, sugar, corn syrup, and milk along with the 2/3 cup of cake mix that was set aside.
  • Remove pan from oven, pour second batter on top.
  • Return pan to oven and bake another 30 to 35 minutes. Cake will still be jiggly in center. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments: