Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Strawberry Almond Cupcakes

 

Cake

  • 1 box (18.25 oz) Strawberry Cake Mix
  • 4 whole large eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Buttercream Frosting

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 4-5 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/4 cup milk

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line 24 muffin cups with liners or grease well.
  2. Combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, oil and extracts in a mixing bowl, mix with a whisk attachment on high for 1 minute, until smooth.
  3. Pour into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops spring back after being touched.
  4. Remove from the oven and allow cupcakes to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
  5. To prepare the frosting - Cream together everything until the desired consistency is reached.   You can adjust the milk and sugar to get your desired consistency.
  6. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.

No comments: