Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Great Pumpkin Pie Recipe

 

PUMPKIN PIE


  • egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon milk

  • one 15oz can (about 2 cups450gpumpkin puree*
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 and 1/4 cups  dark brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon  cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger*
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg*
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves*
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 cup  heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup  milk
  1. Par-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
  2. Make the pumpkin pie filling: Whisk the pumpkin, 3 eggs, and brown sugar together until combined. Add the cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, pepper, heavy cream, and milk. Vigorously whisk until everything is combined.
  3. Pour pumpkin pie filling into the warm crust. Only fill the crust about 3/4 of the way up. Bake the pie until the center is almost set, about 55-60 minutes. A small part of the center will be wobbly – that’s ok. After 25 minutes of baking, be sure to cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or use a pie crust shield to prevent the edges from getting too brown. Check for doneness at minute 50, and then 55, and then 60, etc.
  4. Once done, transfer the pie to a wire rack and allow to cool completely for at least 3 hours before garnishing and serving.
  5. Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.
  6. Cover leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

No comments: