Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Dough

This dough recipe is from Angie's mom -- and makes the most awesome cinnamon rolls, rolls, or can be used for king cake.

Dough

Source: Angie Gann's mama

2 pkg yeast
2 1/2 cup water water (100-110 degrees)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 eggs, well beaten
8-9 cups flour

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Let this sit for several minute until it almost bubbles over, took about 15 minutes in the my kitchen.

2. Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl.  Stir in sugar, beaten eggs, oil, salt and then start adding flour a cup at a time, until the dough is to stiff to stir by hand.

3. Add more flour and work with hands until dough is pretty stiff.

4. Pour a small amount of oil over the top of the dough and cover with a moist warm towel.  (If kitchen is cool, can use a heating pad covered with a towel and place the bowl on top.)  Let double in size. 

5 Punch down and make into cinnamon rolls or rolls.  Or king cakes (will make 4).

6. Cover and let rise again.  Then bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Cinnamon Rolls filling -- melt butter and pour over dough.  Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar.  Then roll and cut into cinnamon rolls.

Cinnamon Roll Glaze or King Cake Glaze
1 stick butter, melted
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract

King Cake Filling
2 blocks cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp. maple syrup

No comments: