Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Nikki's Yuletide Squares

Nikki's Yuletide Squares


Mix:

2 cups oats

1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup chopped nuts

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp soda

3/4 tsp salt

1 cup butter, melted

1 tbsp Crisco

1 1/2 cups M&Ms

1 cup sweetened condensed milk

Mix dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Reserve 1 1/2 cup crumb mixture.  Press remaining crumbs into a greased 15x10 jellyroll pan

Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Melt Crisco in a heavy sauce pan until warm.  Add 1 cup M&Ms, cook over low heat, stirring constantly until almost melted.  Remove from  heat and stir in milk.  Spread over crust.  Sprinkle remaining M&Ms, pressing lightly.  Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.






No comments: