Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mom's Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes

Call me crazy, call me OCD but yes...I'm already planning my Thanksgiving menu and shopping list.  Our family has certain things that are traditions.  I mean, if we don't have these sweet potatoes IT IS NOT Thanksgiving.  It's just a given that Mom will make them.  And a given that my brother Donnie will be walking by scooping off some of the melted, marshmallows.  It's a TRADITION.  And really, isn't that what makes the holidays so great?  I love thinking back to Thanksgivings 20 years ago and guess what -- Mom was making this and my brother was stealing the marshmallows!

 Mom’s Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes

2 large tall cans of sweet potatoes, drained
2-3 handfuls of brown sugar
8 oz whipping cream
¼ stick butter
2 bags mini-marshmallows

Put butter in 9x13 pan and melt.  Swirl to coat pan.   Pour sweet potatoes in pan, then cream, then cover with brown sugar.  Bake 350 for about an hour.  Then add 1 bag mini-marshmallows and cook  until melted and toasted, about 15 minutes.

 

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Love candied sweet potatoes!