Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pulled Pork









ANGEL'S RECIPE FOR PULLED PORK


1 Honey Bear
1 Box Brown Sugar
2 Small Bottles of Jack Daniels Honey BBQ Sauce (or one large bottle if your store carries the lg. size)
2-3 Bottles of Budweiser Beer (use the bottled beer, not the canned. I don’t think the brand matters, I bought Budweiser because I like Clydesdale Horses)
Sea Salt (you can use regular salt if you don’t have sea salt)
McCormick Mesquite Seasoning
5-6 pound Pork Butt

The night before, wash your pork butt and place in a large roast pan or a Dutch oven (I used my Dutch oven and I had a 5 ½ pound butt…any bigger and I would have to use a roast pan.) Pour one bottle of beer over the pork butt, cover and place in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Take the pork butt and sprinkle the sea salt all over on all sides and rub it in. Then I covered all 4 sides with some BBQ Sauce, Honey, and about 1 cup Brown Sugar.

I cooked my roast covered for 3 hours on 300 and about another 2 – 3 hours on 250 degrees. Every hour I would take it out of the oven and would use my flavor injector (you need one of these, they only cost $4.50 at Wal-Mart and really help the flavor of the pork and makes it very juicy) I would suck up some of the juice and inject it 2 or 3 times. Then turn the pork over and do a few more injections. Then add more honey, bbq sauce, and ½ cup brown sugar. And if the liquid level got low, I’d add another bottle of beer. (I only used 2 bottles total for this size of roast).

About ½ way thru the cooking time, I would also sprinkle on the mesquite seasoning (along with the bbq sauce, honey, and brown sugar)

At the end of the cook time, my roast was so tender that it fell off from the bone as I was lifting it out of the Dutch Oven. I placed it in a large platter and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then use 2 forks and pull the pork apart, throwing out any fat. Then I used a ladle and spooned a couple ladle fulls over the pulled pork to give it some extra juicy-ness.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments: