Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Apple Cranberry Crisp

Here's an easy recipe to make and a real crowd pleaser.  I made this several months ago and sent some home with Jennifer (for her husband Barry ) when she & Colton were over for a play date with Katie.  He loved it and he's requested I make it again.  So this recipe has the "Barry Good Endorsement."

APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP



3 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
¾ cup apple cider
½ cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 (17.5 oz) package oatmeal cookie mix, Betty Crocker
½ cup butter, softened
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional, but you are nuts if you omit it!)


Preheat oven to 350. In a 13x9 baking dish, stir together pie filling, apple cider, cranberries, and lemon juice until well combined.

In a large bowl, combine cookie mix and softened butter, rub between fingers until blended. Sprinkle over apple mixture.

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping begins to brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.

No comments: