Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sirloin Steak Bites

This evening I tried something new for supper.  I looked at several recipes online then just made them "my way."  I served them with some Basil Pesto Noodles (recipe to follow ...if you can call it that)  and steamed veggies.  And we had brownies for dessert.   I should have taken a picture of all this....a good blogger would....but we were too hungry and I didn't even think of it until now.

Beef Sirloin Bites

  • Cut the Beef Sirloin steak into bite size pieces....cutting out any gristle or fat. 
  • Season the bits with: Kosher Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Thyme
  • In a large pan, melt 3 tbsp of butter.  Get the butter really hot.  You'll want the meat to sizzle when you put it in.  (I cooked my meat in 2 different batches, adding more butter after the first batch.)
  • Cook until really dark brown, then use tongs to flip them over.
  • Cook on the other side until they are done enough to suit you.  They will cook a bit after you take them out so don't overcook them.

Basil Pesto Noodles

Cook some noodles.  Whatever kind you have in the pantry will work.  I used some small elbow macaroni.  When done, drain and put in some butter (to your taste but at least 3 or 4 tbsp).  Season with salt, pepper, and some grated Parmesan cheese.  Then open up a jar of Basil Pesto (you can make your own, but why bother, just buy some in a jar at the grocery store!)  I put a tbsp in & stirred it up.  Then I tasted it.  Then you can add more to your liking.

No comments: