Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Meal Down Memory Lane

Some meals remind me of special people in my life. Last night I fixed fried pork chops and that reminded me of my Dad. Dad loved fried pork chops and he fixed it at least once a week when I was growing up.

I also fixed some fresh green beans and new potatoes. Yum, nothing like a good home cooked meal with fresh veggies!

Fried Pork Chops
Source: My Dad

4 Breakfast Chops or Boneless Pork Loin Chops (sliced thin)
Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1-2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt

In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.

In a bowl, mix flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and Lawry's salt.

Sprinkle each chop with salt and pepper - dip in flour mixture and coat both sides.

Put chops in the pan and fry until golden brown on each side.

Green Beans and Taters
Source: Me

1 pound fresh green beans (snip off ends)
New baby potatoes (as few or as many as you like), quartered (I leave the skin on)
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 red pepper, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
water
salt
pepper

Add green beans, taters, red pepper, and onion to a large pot. Cover with water. Add the bouillon cube, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender.

No comments: