Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Post-Surgery Potato Soup

I had surgery on Monday to extract a stone in my kidney.  It was a long day because the surgery didn't actually occur until 4 hours after it was scheduled.  That night when I got home, I was thinking that a bowl of potato soup and some corn bread would really hit the spot. 

I asked my friends on Facebook to send me good potato soup recipes but I didn't get their replies until after I'd already made my soup.  But I plan on writing down their recipes and giving them a try.  Here's how I made my soup.  It was pretty tasty.

Potato Soup

Approx 5 lbs of Russet Potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups of chicken broth
water
1/2 small red onion, diced really small
salt, pepper, Lawry's season slat, ground red pepper  (season to your taste)
1 (8oz) block of cream cheese, cut into chunks

Place the potatoes, onion, spices, broth in a large pan.  Then add water, just enough to barely cover the potatoes.  Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart.  Remove from heat and mash part of the potatoes.  Then put the cream cheese chunks in and stir until melted.  Taste and add more salt and pepper if it needs more.


The soup was really good and nothing fancy, next time I'll probably fry some bacon and put in it and maybe some cheese.  But my tummy was still a little sensitive from surgery so I wanted something that would be soothing and comforting.

No comments: