Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Beth's Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

I will be forever grateful to my friend Beth for sharing this recipe with me.  It's absolutely one of the best cakes I've ever made! 

And the frosting...Oh my gosh....it's to die for.  It's very good to just eat alone right off the beater...or you can also make and put on chocolate cupcakes.



BETH'S PEANUT BUTTER SHEET CAKE

½ cup peanut butter
1 stick butter
1 cup water

Combine these in a pan, bring to a boil only. Don’t boil.  Then remove from heat.

In a separate bowl mix:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Pour hot mixture into the dry mixture.  Then add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup buttermilk

Continue to beat the mixture well.  Bake in a sheet cake pan 15-18 minutes, don’t overcook or it will be dry.


Frosting:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Mix until smooth

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad you like it Angel. It's actually my mom-in-law's recipe.