Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Refrigerator Rolls

One of my favorite scents is the smell of bread baking.

One of my favorite tastes is homemade rolls.....to be more specific, the rolls that Dan's aunt always makes when we have Dotson family gatherings.

 

Refrigerator Rolls
Source:  Aunt Helen Chapman

2 pkg yeast
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
2 eggs
1/2 cup warm water to dissolve the yeast
8 cups sifted flour or 7 cups unsifted

Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.  Put salt, sugar, and shortening in 1 cup boiling water, bring back to a boil and remove from the stove.  Add 1 cup cold water and beaten eggs - allow to cool to luke warm before adding  in the yeast.  Stir in flour and mix well.  Put in a greased large bowl and let rise.  Pinch off into rolls.  Bake in a large greased pan 15-20 minutes in a 425 oven.



I love to  put  strawberry freezer jam on these rolls.  I don't have a recipe for freezer jam so if anyone does, please share!

No comments: