Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Coconut Almond Chex Mix

Last week I had a Thirty One party at my house after work.  It was a lot of fun and they have an awesome line of products (check them out sometime!)

I tried some new snacks for the party, the Coconut Almond Chex Mix was a hit!
And it was really easy to make.

I got the recipe from the Jamie Cooks It Up! blog.  I followed the recipe....well, I sort of followed it.  I tweaked it slightly. 

6 C Corn Chex Cereal
6 C Golden Graham Cereal
1 C slivered almonds - I used the whole bag
1 C sweetened coconut - I  used the whole bag
1 C butter
1 C light corn syrup
1 C sugar


Line two large baking sheets with wax paper.
Toss 6 cups of each cereal into a large mixing bowl.
Add coconut and slivered almonds.  Stir well.
Into a medium sized sauce pan place 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup light corn syrup.  Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Let it boil for 4 minutes.  Pour over the top of the cereal/coconut mixture.  Stir the mixture well, making sure all of the cereal gets coated.  Pour the mix out onto the lined cookie sheets. Let set for about 15-20 minutes. Once it has set up a bit, break it into chunks and store it in an airtight container.


No comments: