Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pork Chops with Potatoes

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this recipe was too good to pass up!  I found this recipe last Friday on the Not Enough Thyme blog....e-mailed it to a selection of my e-mail friends...and there are three people, including me, having this recipe for dinner tonight! 

I made the recipe nearly like the original .... you  know me... I always tweak things a little. 

This recipe was excellent!  I'm certain these were the most tender pork chops that I have EVER made.  Dan had two pork chops and I had one. I had to fight him over the remaining one....it's going to be my lunch tomorrow!

I didn't take any pictures....if you go to the original recipe site she has a gorgeous picture. 

PORK CHOPS WITH POTATOES (with my changes)
Source: Not Enough Thyme Cooking Blog

4 pork chops - buy thicker chops with bone in
2 cloves garlic, diced
salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp butter
4 slices of thick bacon, chopped
 tarragon leaves
1/2 cup beer
1/2 cup chicken broth

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large skillet over med-high heat melt butter with the garlic.
  • Salt & Pepper both sides of the chops.  Add to the butter/garlic and cook 7 minutes on each side.
  • Meanwhile, spray your dutch oven with cooking spray.
  • Layer 1/2 the potatoes and 1/2 the onion.  Season with salt and pepper.
  • Take 1 tbsp of butter and cut into chunks and put over the potatoes.
  • Put the cooked chops (and the leftover butter and garlic) on top of the potato and onions.
  • Sprinkle with tarragon leaves (I didn't measure, just lightly sprinkle)
  • Scatter the bacon all over.
  • Add the remaining potatoes and onions.  Season with salt and pepper.
  • Pour the beer over all this.
  • Cut a piece of baking parchment to fit over the contents of the dish and lay it on top of the final layer of potatoes and onion.
  • Cover with the dutch oven lid...bake for 45 minutes.  Add the chicken broth then cook for another 45 minutes.
  • Enjoy - because these are some tender and delicious chops!

No comments: