Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Angel's Marinara Sauce

We aren't a fan of the store bought spaghetti sauces...it's okay for a quick meal, but we prefer homemade.  I've been playing around with different recipes and think I've found the right combination of ingredients.  I made this today and we really liked it - even the picky kids in the family!

I made this using Red Gold Brand tomatoes and tomato sauce and FarmRich Turkey Meatballs

Marinara Sauce

2 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt & pepper
32 oz can of crushed tomatoes
32 oz can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 dried bay leaves
2 tbsp dried basil
1 bag FarmRich Turkey Meatballs

In a large pot or Dutch Oven heat the olive oil, add onion and garlic and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.  Saute the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 40 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.  Remove and discard the bay leaves before serving.

No comments: