Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

I think I may have perfected my breakfast casserole recipe.  I made this for an office meeting and everyone loved it. 

I buttered the pan....big mistake because it stuck like crazy and I had to scrub and scrub and was tempted to throw the pan out the window.  Next time I'll try spraying with Pam cooking spray to see if that helps.

Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs
1 cup half and half
3 tbsp green onions, chopped
salt and pepper
1 tsp ground mustard
2-3 dashes of hot sauce
1 pound pork sausage
1 block cream cheese
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter
Texas toast

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 12x10 baking pan.  Line the pan with Texas toast, cutting pieces as needed to completely cover the bottom.

Cook the sausage and when almost done add the block of cream cheese and melt.  Stir and cook until melted.  Let cool slightly and then cover the bread with the sausage mixture.

In a small bowl, beat the eggs.  Add half and half. Add green onions, salt, pepper, ground mustard and hot sauce.  Mix well and pour over the entire pan.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Cut the butter into pats and spread over the cheese.  Cover with foil, put in fridge and let sit overnight.

Bake 30-40 minutes on 350

(double the recipe for a large 11x15 pan)

No comments: