Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Chocolate Gravy


A lot of people have never had chocolate gravy….and if they haven’t they usually turn up their nose and think I’m crazy…but my Dad used to make it for me as a kid on Snow Days.  I’ve not had it since I was a kid.  I'm not exactly sure how Dad made his gravy; it wasn’t quite as good as Dad’s but was pretty close.  I don’t know if his recipe was different or if’s just the memory of my Dad making it.

Chocolate Gravy

1 ½ cups milk

1-2 Tbsp Cornstarch – add a little at a time to thicken

2 tbsp cocoa

½ cup sugar
 

Cook on medium heat until it boils.  Boil & let thicken.  Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla.
 

Serve on hot biscuits.

No comments: