Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Frozen Ice Cream Dessert

I can remember sitting in Huckie's kitchen eating this glorious dessert!  I loved it so much that I asked her for the recipe....I was probably only 12 years old at the time....and I was already collecting recipes.

Frozen Ice Cream Dessert
Source: Hilda Ethridge "Huck"

1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
2 sticks butter
1/4 cup cocoa
 vanilla ice cream
1 can milnot
1 cup sugar
1 container cool whip


Recipes uses 2 pans....a 9x13 pan and a 9x9 pan.

Crush the Oreo cookies then melt 1 stick butter.  Combine butter and cookies and press into pans.  Chill.

Slice 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream on crusts and freeze.

In a sauce pan, melt 1/2 stick butter then add the cocoa, sugar, and milnot.  Boil 15-20 minutes or until thick.  Cool well.  Spread over ice cream and spread cool whip over the dessert.  Serve and enjoy.

No comments: