Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Healthy Coconut Chicken

This is the year I start eating  healthy....again.  Okay, this is the year I start and stick with it.   (keeping fingers crossed.) 

I did some meal prepping today so I can have some quick and easy lunch, supper, and snack options.  I tried a new recipe.  Well, I didn't have a recipe....I just sort of made it up.  And the results were very good.  I'm calling it Healthy Coconut Chicken.

Here are the ingredients I used:


Healthy Coconut Chicken

1 cup brown rice flour
salt
pepper
paprika
garlic salt
cayenne pepper
organic coconut oil (I bought mine at SAMS)
Silk Pure Almond Light

In a pie plate, mix 1 cup (approx.) brown rice flour and the spices. (I didn't measure, just dumped some in!)

Dip chicken in the almond milk.  Then dip in the flour mixture.  Put a big spoonful of coconut oil in a fry pan and melt.  Then add the chicken.  Cook until done.

*Brown rice flour is higher in protein and has a higher level of B vitamins.  Also lots of fiber.

**Click here to read what Dr. Oz says about coconut oil: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surprising-health-benefits-coconut-oil


No comments: