Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cashew Chicken Casserole

This recipe has been making the rounds on Facebook. My friend, Lori Hicks, is the one who told me she had made it and that it was good.  This was originally a weight watchers recipe but I didn't use the low fat soup or reduced calorie margarine.  (yuck, who uses margarine?)

Here is my fully loaded and delicious recipe.  Also, the original recipe  says to add 1 cup of chow mien noodles when you add the cashews.  We decided we like it best without the chow mien noodles.

Cashew Chicken Casserole
Source: Unknown, came to me via Lori Hicks on Facebook

1 onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper
1 pound cooked chicken breast tenderloin (I boiled the chicken this morning, then diced it once it cooled a little.)
2/3 cup chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cups cooked rice  (I used the kind that you boil in a bag, it was slightly over 2 cups.  I used brown rice.)
cashews
1-2 green onions

Sauté onion and celery in butter, season with salt and pepper, cook for a few minutes.  Add broth and cream of chicken soup.  Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add cooked rice, chicken and soy sauce.  Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Bake until bubbly and brown, about 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cashews.  Bake 5 more minutes.  Sprinkle with green onions before serving.

No comments: