Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Buttery Caramel Sauce

My best friend Jennifer came over for dinner and I made a pineapple upside down cake for her birthday.  Originally her hubby was supposed to come over too but he had to work.  But he was giving me a hard time because I didn't know how to make caramel sauce for the cake.  Jennifer shared the recipe with me, it's from a family friend.

Buttery Caramel Sauce
Source: Jennifer Hoofnagle

3/4 cup finely packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream

In a 2 quart saucepan combine all ingredients, except the whipping cream.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil, about 5-8 minutes.  Cool 5 minutes then stir in whipping cream. Serve warm over pineapple upside down cake.

No comments: