Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Salt and Pepper Pork Chops

I grilled pork chops yesterday, we had them for supper and will have the leftovers for lunch later this week.  I love pork chops but sometimes they turn into shoe leather.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and the results were very good, very tender pork chops.

Salt and Pepper Pork Chops
Source: One Perfect Bite Blog

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used low sodium soy sauce)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 pounds boneless thin-cut pork loin chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1) Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, pepper, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Stir with a fork until all ingredients are combined and marinade is smooth. Add chops to a large Ziploc bag, pour in marinade,  turning the bag to coat both sides. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 1 to 24 hours.

I grilled my pork chops - but the below is the directions for the oven:

 2) Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium high heat. Add pork, working in batches if necessary. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.

No comments: