Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are my "go-to" cookie recipe if I need to make cookies for something.  They are easy and always a favorite.  I usually make an extra batch so I have some for us and one batch to take!

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie
Source: recipe from the Hershey Kisses bag

48 Hershey Kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Additional sugar

Heat oven to 375.  Remove wrappers from chocolate. 

Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended.  Add the sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.  Add egg, milk, and vanilla.  Beat well.  Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls.  Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. (I always use a silpat baking mat so it doesn't stick and makes clean up easier.)  Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around the edges.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.  Makes about 4 dozen cookies (I usually end up with larger cookies and only 2 dozen cookies.)

No comments: