Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Applesauce Muffins

This school year I've been trying to find some new ideas for Katie's lunch.  I found this recipe and made it.  Katie liked them and I did too...but I thought they needed a few changes.  Below is my version of the muffins.

Applesauce Muffins

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup applesauce
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. apple pie spice

Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy.  Add applesauce and mix.  Stir in dry ingredients and vanilla.  Place in muffin tins and bake at 350* until golden brown.  While the muffins are still hot dip in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar mixture.

No comments: