Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Root Beer Baked Beans

I found this recipe in a magazine and tried them at Easter when my family came over for lunch.  Everyone really liked them, especially my brother Donnie.

Root Beer Baked Beans
6 slices bacon
1 onion, diced
4 cans pork & beans
1 cup root beer (not diet)
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ sauce
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp. dry mustard
3-4 dashes hot sauce

Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp.  Remove and drain on paper towers.  Reserve 4 tbsp. drippings in the skillet.  Crumble bacon.

Sauté diced onion in the hot bacon drippings over high heat 5 minutes or until tender. 

Mix all ingredients then place in a large baking dish and cook uncovered at 400* for 55 minutes or until sauce is thickened.

No comments: