Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dairy Lane Chilli


Dairy Lane Chili

Granny Lois used to work at Dairy Lane when she was 16. Granny created this recipe which is pretty close to their chili recipe.  It’s good for chili dogs or frito pies or sloppy joes. Or you can add beans and make chili out of it.

3 pounds lean hamburger meat (not cooked)

3 cups water

24 oz. bottle of ketchup

5 tbsp. chili powder – or 1 oz pkg of Williams’s chili power

Sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.

 

Throw every in crockpot and cook until thick 3-4 hours or 2 ½ hours on high.

You may need to spoon off some liquid if it’s gets too runny.
If you like it hot, add 2 tsp cayenne pepper

No comments: