Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Date Pinwheel Cookies


Date Pinwheel Cookies

Source: Granny Lois

2 ¼ cup pitted and cut up dates

1 cup white sugar

1 cup water

1 cup chopped nuts

2 cups brown sugar

3 eggs, beaten

1 cup shortening

4 cups flour

¼ tsp salt

½ tsp baking soda

Cooks dates, sugar, water, and nuts until thick.  Set aside to cool. Cream shortening and brown sugar.  Add eggs, flour, salt and soda.  Beat well. Put creamed mixture in fridge until chilled.  Divide into 4 parts.  Roll each portion into rectangle. Spread with cooked date mixture.  Roll up like jelly-roll.  Wrap in waxed paper.  Leave in fridge overnight.  Slice and bake in 400 oven or 10-15 minutes, watch closely don’t overcook.

No comments: