Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Roast Chicken with stuffing

I saw this recipe on Cook's Country on PBS this week and it looked so good and easy that I decided I needed to try it.  It was very good.  The chicken came out moist and the stuffing had a great flavor.

Roast Chicken with Stuffing

4 lb. whole chicken
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
1 tbsp. minced fresh sage
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix the above ingredients together and brush onto the chicken.

In a large skillet melt:
2 tbsp. butter

Add in:
2 diced onions
2 celery ribs, diced
3-4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Cook till soft (about 5 minutes) over medium high heat. 

Add:
1 tbsp. minced fresh sage
1 tbsp.  minced fresh thyme

Stir for about 30 seconds and turn off heat.  Add chicken, breast side up. 

Take a loaf of Italian bread (my deli only had French bread and that works too) and but into 1/2 inch cubes.  Add about 7 oz. of cubes to the skillet around the chicken.

Bake 1 hour on 375.  (till breast reaches 165* and thighs 175*)  Remove chicken, place on plate and cover with foil. Let sit 10 minutes.  Stir the bread into the onion/celery mixture...adding some chicken broth if needed for extra moisture.  Cover and let sit 10 minutes. 

No comments: