Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

 Ingredients

 

Cake

  • 2 Cups Floursifted
  • 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powdersifted
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 Cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 Cup Waterhot

Chocolate Frosting

  • 8 oz. Cream Cheesefull fat, softened
  • 5 Tablespoons Butterunsalted, softened
  • 1/2 Cup Cocoasifted
  • 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon Milkor chocolate milk

Instructions

For the Cake

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease a 9x13” baking pan.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, stopping as soon as it has come together.
  • Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it out to all sides.
  • Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  • Allow to cool completely and then frost.

For the Frosting

  • Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
  • Spread on cooled cake.

Notes

can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for 3-4 days

No comments: