Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Green Bean Casserole Recipe

 

  • 1 can green beans - drained and dried
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried onions
  • 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
  • 2 twists freshly ground pepper
  • 1-1/2 ounces shredded mild cheddar

  • Drain the green beans well and pat dry with paper towels. Too much liquid on the beans will thin the sauce.
  • Place the heavy cream and cream cheese in a pan over medium heat.
  • Whisk until the cream cheese softens and the sauce is smooth.
  • Add the dried onions and soy sauce.
  • Continue to stir until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
  • Add the green beans and simmer, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
  • Sauce will be very thick and cling to the green beans. If not continue to simmer and stir.
  • Taste and add pepper as needed.
  • Place the green beans in 2 individual cast iron casseroles OR a small, heat proof dish.
  • Sprinkle with cheese.
  • Broil, watching carefully, until the cheese bubbles and turns golden

No comments: