Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Potato Soup

 Here’s my recipe. No measurements because that’s how I roll.

Potato Soup
Diced onion
Diced celery
Minced Garlic
Bacon Grease
Salt Pepper
Cajun Spice Mix
Red Potatoes, chunked
Chicken broth
Half and Half
Shredded Cheese
Parsley fresh or dried
Put onion and celery and bacon grease in large pot or Dutch Oven. Season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Cook 5 minutes. Add in potatoes and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil, cooking until taters are tender. Add in half and half. (I used a bit much so made a slurry with corn starch to thicken it up a bit). Before serving stir in cheese and parsley.



No comments: