Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Blackberry Cobbler

I used 2 boxes pie crust but you can make your own if you want.

• 2 cup granulated sugar
• 4 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 cup boiling water
• blackberries (I used 3 packages of fresh and 2 bags of frozen)
• 2 tablespoon cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
• 1 large egg lightly beaten
• sugar for topping
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease an 9x13 dish or with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan mix together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and boiling water. Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the blackberries. Stir gently until the blackberries release some juice. Set aside.
4. Use 1 box of pie crusts to line the baking dish.
5. Pour in the berries.
6. Use the 2nd box of pie crust to cut strips & weave a lattice crust on top.
7. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
8. Place the baking pan on a parchment lined baking sheet to catch any juice that may bubble over. Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350ºF and continue baking for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling. If the crust is browning too quickly, tent the cobbler with foil as needed. (My oven took quite a bit longer to bake this, so just keep an eye on it).
10. Cool to room temperature or serve warm topped with ice cream or lightly sweeten cream.
May be an image of dessert
All reactions:
Dan Dotson, Angie Doing Gann and 20 others

No comments: