Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Potato Soup - improved recipe

 Ingredients

▢ 1 stalk of celery - chopped
▢ ½ white onion - diced
▢ 2 teaspoons minced garlic
▢ ½ cup shredded carrots
▢ 1 tablespoon olive oil
▢ 4 cups chicken broth
▢ salt and pepper - to taste
▢ 1 teaspoon thyme
▢ 3 or 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes - diced
▢ 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
▢ 1/2 cup milk
▢ Sprinkle of Cajun Seasoning
▢ Grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, onions, garlic, and carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
Add chicken broth, potatoes, salt, pepper, and thyme, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender.
Stir in milk and cream. and cook a few minutes until soups begins to thicken. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments: