Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Almost Home Made Pizza

Sometimes when we go to visit Dan’s parents, I’ll make lunch, freeing up Granny Lois to play with Katie. One of their favorite things for me to make is a pizza. I can’t say it’s homemade because I do cheat and buy the crust. But it’s pretty close to homemade. And it’s a lot better than any pizza at Pizza Hut!

Here is how I make my pizza….but you could make yours with whatever toppings your family likes. The possibilities are endless.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Prep the veggies you want to put on the pizza. (Dice the onion, bell pepper, etc)

In a large skillet brown:
1 pound of ground beef
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, pizza seasoning (just sprinkle some in while the hamburger is cooking, I don’t measure, just sprinkle.)
1 onion-diced

Meanwhile, spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Then unroll your pizza crust onto the pan. (I like to use the Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza Dough.) Put in the oven and bake 7-10 minutes, just until it starts to slightly brown. Don’t fully cook the crust! Remove from oven and set aside.

Put a jar of pizza sauce on the crust. I like the Prego Pizza Sauce (the Pizzeria Style). Then add the hamburger. Then add pepperoni slices. Then all the toppings, we always add diced onion, sliced mushrooms, diced red or orange bell pepper, and of course mozzarella cheese.

Then put in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Or until the pizza cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly browned. Take out of the oven, slice, and enjoy. Excellent when served with a great big salad!



No comments: