Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sweet and Tender Corn

The kids in my family are picky when it comes to eating vegetables.  Sound familiar?  Corn is one of their favorites and it is usually what I fix when we have a family gathering. 

My Grandma Esther shared some wisdom with me when I was a kid and it seems to really make my corn very tasty.  Grandma said to never add salt to water when  you boil corn.  She believed that adding salt to the water would make your corn less tender.  Instead add some sugar.  I don't know how much she used, so I just dump some into the water, probably around 1/4 cup.

My family loves Green Giant Nibblers.  (mini ears of corn on the cob).  I buy the giant bag that contains 24 ears.  Just bring a large pot of water, with sugar added, to a boil.  Drop in the nibblers....bring back to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.  Then butter up....salt....and enjoy!

No comments: