Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy Cheesy Chicken Wraps

Ever have days when you don’t know what to fix for supper? You know when you open the pantry and stare. Then open the fridge and stare. And nothing jumps out at you. I had that happen about a week ago. Then a light bulb flashed on and I decided to whip together this concoction. I didn’t have a recipe; I just put it together by grabbing things I already had on hand. It turned out really good and we’ve made it again since the initial creation.


Easy Cheesy Chicken Wraps


Cooked Chicken - I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge from our local grocery store so I used that. I picked the meat off from the bones and tore into bite sized pieces


Small Flour Tortilla Wraps


1 or 2 pkg of the Uncle Bens Santa Fe Rice (use 1 or 2 depending on how much rice you want)

1 can of  Bush Seasoned Black Beans (drained)

1 can of Green Giant Mexicorn (drained)


1 can of Stewed Mexican Tomatoes  (optional, I made it one time without it)


1 pkg of  Santa Fe Philadelphia Cooking Creme

Shredded Cheese – any kind, I used the Mexican Cheese blend

1. Cook your chicken or use a rotisserie chicken like I did. Tear into bite sized pieces.


2. In a med sauce pan, dump the black beans, mexicorn, stewed tomatoes, and cream cheese. Heat on med heat until bubbly.


3. Cook the rice according to the directions, then stir it into the bean mixture.


4. Heat a wrap. Put some chicken on it. Then top with the cheesy rice mixture.


5. Sprinkle on some shredded cheese and wrap up and enjoy.


You could also add lettuce, diced onion, diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, etc if you wanted more toppings for your wrap.

No comments: