Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Beanie Weenies

When I was a kid my best friend was Michele Poynter and she would often come over for a sleepover. My Mom had certain things that she would make for us and I remember one of the first times she made us "Beanie Weenies."  Something about weenie being in the name cracked Michele and I up.  I remember us giggling because my Mom said weenie!!!   Good times!!

Beanie Weenies
Source:  My Mom

2 (16oz) can pork-n-beans
2 tsp mustad
10 weenies (chunked)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
(1/4 cup of water, if needed)

Mix all ingredients except brown sugar and put in a shallow baking dish.  Sprinkle with brown sguar and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  (can also dump in a crockpot and cook until hot.)

No comments: