Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Meatloaf

My meatloaf is based on my Grandma's recipe that I have tweaked.  I really like to think I've fine tuned this into the best meatloaf ever.  But everyone has their own opinion when it comes to meatloaf; my family loves my version so that's all that matters.  Give it a try someday, you might like it too!

Meatloaf
Source:  Me and Grandma Esther

2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups tomato juice (I usually use V-8)
3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
seasoned bread crumbs (I don't measure, just dump some in!!  Start with about 1/4 cup and can add more later to get the mixture to the right consistency.)
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, finely diced
1 red pepper, finely diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
few dashes of worcetshire sauce

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients, mix lightly but thoroughly.  Press into a 13x9 pan, top with ketcup and honey.  Bake about an hour, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments: