Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm Angel. I am a wife and Mom. I love photography. I love to read. I love cooking and collecting recipes. I love traveling. I love classic country music. I love to laugh. I love Emerald Isle, North Carolina. I love hot baths. I love the smell of fresh cut hay. I love chocolate. And most importantly I love my husband and daughter.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Salmon Patties

I found this recipe probably 20 years ago, I think I was still in high school when I found it.  It was in an Amish cookbook I had checked out from the library.  (my obsession with recipes isn't a new thing!)

They key to this recipe is to fry the patties in hot butter.  Real Butter.  Not oil.  Not margarine.  REAL, DELICIOUS BUTTER!  OH YEAH!

Salmon Patties
Source: unknown Amish cookbook from years past

2 cups cracker crumbs
1 cup salmon
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
dash of worcetshire sauce
pepper to taste
pinch of parsley

Mix together and form into patties.  Add a stick of butter to a large skillet and heat.  Cook patties on both sides until golden brown and delicious!

Best served with fried taters!!

No comments: